RV PRICE: R 4 205.68 per ton of RV "d" factor 0.403851
The MAY 2019 RV PRICE FOR 2019/20 SEASON
The Sugar Association has declared the MAY 2019 RV price for cane delivered in APRIL 2019 as follows:
RV PRICE: R 4 205.68 per ton of RV
"d" factor 0.403851
The price is based on a crop of 19 557 451 tons of cane which converts to
2 205 019 tons of sugar at a cane to sugar ratio of 8.87 The average recoverable value (RV) content is 12.07%.
EXTENSION SERVICE LEVY
The average regional levy [excl. VAT] payable by participating growers for Extension Services for cane delivered during the 2019/20 season is:
R 0.83 per ton of cane
• Established on the 25th November 2015
• A non-profit organisation, registered with the Department of Social Development.
• A case for South Africa’s economic transformation in the agribusiness sector.
• A home for all progressive farmers – black and white, small, medium and large.
Special attention on supporting small scale and land reform farmers in respect of
• Ownership of freehold sugar cane farming land
• Equity in agro-processing factories (mills)
• Representation in the industry decision making structures
• and the farmers’ ability to speak for themselves and determine their desired future
• Board Of Directors
• Central Executive Committee
• Regional Executive Committees
• Mill Area Committees
• Farmers Associations & Co-ops
• Individual Farmers